Monday, November 9, 2009

Motivatied - Smotivatied

Hi.
I have a problem.

I have diagnosed it as Half motivation-itis. (cause all illness need the itis business, right?).

In real people terms it means that i have the hope to do a lot of things, but i will more then likely get halfway through them, and lose motivation and then it will never be finished. I will be very surprised if this post gets posted today, (9/11 - added the date for the pressure), and not sit for days and days when i lose motivation.

Now, this isn't always the case, just with things that are 'due'. I was able to do assignments at school completely and get them in on time (most of the time anyway), i was able to finish tests within the allocated time limit.
At work, if i am told something needs to be done, by close of business, end of the week, end of the month, it is, or is done earlier.

I work super well with pressure.
I think my work is better, too.

But take that pressure away and hello to half motivation-itis.

Here are some examples:

~ I had every intention of cleaning my whole house yesterday. Like vacuum, really spring clean, the bathroom, EVERYTHING. I got to the point of being ready to vacuum and had enough. My house is clean, just not CLEAN..
No pressure, so meh.
Now if someone was going to be coming over and seeing my house, the vacuum and everything would have been done.

~ One of the things that i have to do as part of my job has a turnaround time of 48 hours. Which means it should get done within 48 hours of getting it in. 48 hours means that there is always tomorrow. Always.
I will do ANYTHING else other then get that work done.


Another thing that is a symptom of half motivation-itis is the lose of motivation when there is a small amount of work to be done.

If i have 3 things to do, as opposed to 30 things, i wont do the 3 things.
Why?
Cause of my job, i have to be here whether i have work or not, so i wont do them, because then i will know that i will have nothing to do, as opposed to knowing that there is work to be done, that I'm just not doing.

Makes sense, right?


So, its totally a real illness and i should be a doctor and wear a white coat and then people wont question me when im doing nothing but wandering.


Ps. i think that Spike is getting the same sickness as what killed Samson. That makes me VERY sad, but it could also be that the tank needs to be cleaned. Tomorrow.

2 comments:

Green Stone said...

I do this too. We need to find some way to re-create the pressure so we actually get things done!

Red said...

This is true.

But, when im really motivated i get ALL my work done, and have nothing to do for the rest of the week....
(as is the case this week.)

So i can never win. :(