Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remembrance Day

It was Remembrance Day today.

It makes me sad.

Sad but proud.
So proud.

The same feeling as ANZAC Day.

I never really got when i was at school. I mean, we had the minute silence and did all that when i was at school, but back then it was just a half a day off school, and i didn't really get it.

But on the last few years, i have gotten it.

I saw a man last ANZAC day on the train. An older man, with medals. A lot of medals. And i felt pride. Proud of him and his bravery and dedication to the place that i live.

I know that i could never in a million years be brave enough to do that.
In an manner.
Whether there was a war or not.

I would love to be able to say, 'I'm a soldier' or something like that.
But I'm not brave.

I know that i will probably never be brave enough.

Thank God for them.


They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

No comments: