Sunday, March 14, 2010

Changes

A bunch of stuff has been going on in my life at the moment.
So much, that i haven't blogged, just cause i haven't had time to think about what has happened in my day and put it into words.

On the home front, random people have been in my house and i don't know when i will have to move.
Yesterday, the husband noticed a sign out the front of our building about 2 rentals available here. One was fully furnished, (seriously, who the heck wants to use furniture that others have used? Imagine what you do with/on your furniture and using the same as others. Its just gross.), so we skipped that.
But one was not, so we looked. We love our building. I love the area a LOT. I don't want to move, and if an apartment is available in the same building, how much easier would it be to move?!? (yes, laziness plays a major part!;) )
The one we looked at, is bigger then our apartment and $80 more expensive (a week), but looking at the extra space, (and bigger balcony, and convenience), it IS worth it.

Then, we were thinking about travel and how much it costs to get to work, and with the changes with work -keep reading, I'll explain- it will end up costing us more.

We upped our maximum price (not super happy about that was hoping to go lower and have more savings), and found two AMAZING places in the city city, that i would love to live at. More convenient for travel and living, since we go to the city most weekends anyway.

So, we'll have to arrange viewings and get our bond arranged and all fun moving things like that... and then hopefully, we will have a new house in the next month or so.

Oh and PS. I don't think that staying is an option esp if the real estate will be the same. He is a jerk and we don't want to deal with him anymore. Ever.

Now, the work front. Sigh.

Been at my job for almost 6 years. (Rounding up here, it will be 6 years in July). Longer then my boss, his boss and his boss. Longer then a lot of people who are still working here.
I admit, i don't always love my job. Sometimes i HATE it. Sometimes i wake up and don't want to go to work. But doesn't everyone?
My work is moving, as in the people in my department and most of the other departments. We are moving locations and management, i guess? I don't really know if that's what it is, but i don't know if that matters a bunch.

Anyway, in the movement, our job descriptions change. Which mean our pay changes. Which seems like a good thing, right? Nope.
To be honest, i can start again at another company and be on more then what I'm on now AND what i will be on.

And i don't mean to sound ungrateful, cause that's not what it is about.

But compare my 6 (almost) years experience with the two others in my team. These two have been with the company for 2 and 3 years.
They regularly questions policies and processes that they should (in our role) know about.
I am (on more then one occasion) asked to help out our knowledge team to write up processes and clarify the information that they have. I'm currently helping them now.

That's gotta tell you something about my knowledge and experience right?

My wage, got changed to the minimum for my section, the same as the other two in my team.
To me, that tells me that i should start looking for a new job.

So i don't know where i am, or should be at the moment.
I don't know what i want.

I have looked at a complete career change, like a cop or something like that, but firstly, im unfit, so unfit, and second, I'm scared.
I like where i am, I'm comfortable. I don't deal with change well.

So we'll see, where i go.
We'll see if my company thinks I'm worth more.
We'll see if we get the apartment we want.
We'll see if i have to start job searching for serious, again.
We'll see.



The lump loves the worry inside the resident food.

No comments: