Thursday, July 16, 2009

All about the music

So apparently its all about the music for lately, as the title states...

I have been listening to the songs on my iPhone more and more lately. And the music is talking to me.

Now, this post I'm talking about a different song, but i just need some opinions/thoughts.

So i love Supernatural, its great, and i really really enjoy the music that is in it, so the music guy, good job!!

Anyway, i downloaded the title song* 'Carry on Wayward Son'

Lyrics:

Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
I was soaring ever higher
But I flew too high

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming
I can hear them say

{Refrain

Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know

On a stormy sea of moving emotion
Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean
I set a course for winds of fortune
But I hear the voices say

{Refrain
No!

Carry on, you will always remember
Carry on, nothing equals the splendor
The center lights around your vanity
But surely heaven waits for you

Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry (don't you cry no more)

And you can watch the 1976** video here, (cause its live, it sounds a little different though...)


Anyway, back to my thoughts about it.
Now, I'm not super religious, i believe in God and all that, i just am not a church going, ever praying religious person.
BUT!! That's why this thought is strange.

I get a lot of religious undertones in this song... Does anyone else see it?

Lets go through it.

Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done

This is like, keep trying to push through and not sin and junk, cause HEAVEN will be peaceful.

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming
I can hear them say

Still a blind man, hey? And a mad man? Does that mean, you are still sinning, and not all worthy yet?


Carry on, you will always remember
Carry on, nothing equals the splendor
The center lights around your vanity
But surely heaven waits for you

Nothing equals the splendor? Centre light? Heaven waits for you?
All of it is there!!

Can anyone else see/read it?

OR, it could be all about drugs too....

*It kinda isn't really, but that link explains it, so just click!!
**That would 9 years before i was even alive... OLD!

PS. Does anyone else remember this song? Before kissing girls was way cool...

No comments: