Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Seaquest DSV



Does anyone else remember Sea Quest DSV?

I was thinking about this the other day, actually i was thinking about something else, (explained below) and i thought they were from SeaQuest, but they were not, but that got me on the topic of SeaQuest and just wow.

Now, don't even ask me the story lines, cause i have no clue, i just remember the show and him...







Does anyone else remember him?

Jonathan Brandis.


Now, he was the reason that i watched the show, however, lets all remember this show was out in 1993. Keep in mind, that at that time, i was in YEAR 3, however, it went on til 1996, so it was fair.
This was a time when JTT, (remember him?!?!) was huge too, so don't judge me.
Anyway, so since i was looking up Seaquest, i thought that i would wiki Jonathan. And this is what i found out:

On November 12,

2003, Brandis died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles from injuries he suffered after he hanged himself. He was 27 years old. The Los Angeles Police Department released a statement regarding his death:

On November 11, 2003, at about 11:40 p.m., a friend of
Jonathan Brandis called police to report that the actor had
attempted suicide at his apartment, located in the 600 block of
Detroit Avenue. Paramedics from the Los Angeles Fire
department responded and transported Brandis to Cedars Sinai
Medical Center where he eventually died from his injuries. Brandis'
death was announced by hospital staff on November 12, 2003, at
about 2:45 p.m."

Brandis did not leave a

suicide note, although friends were quoted as saying he was lonely and

depressed about his lagging career. One friend admitted that Brandis drank

heavily, and had even mentioned that he might kill himself. He was also said to

be upset when his appearance in Hart's War, a role he hoped would be his

comeback, was cut from the film


Anyway, back to what bought me to Seaquest.

Now, this is a terrible photo, and forget about the glasses, but i have asked everyone and no one can help me.

Can anyone remember the show that had someone that may have looked like this:


That blue stuff was like scale-y, (like a fish) and it was a show, but i can't remember. I know that the blue thing was at least there, but it could also be elsewhere.
Please blog people, i know i am terrible at paint, but still.

5 comments:

Farah said...

omg Jonathan Brandis past away? Yeah I totally remember him! we (in Malaysia) got the show later say in '99 and that was the only reason I used to watch the show. may he rest in peace.

RAW said...

Hmm...can't help you with the name of that show, but the guy in the picture on the right looks awfully familiar.

I'd heard about Jonathan Brandis killing himself. Sad stuff. I think I had more than one of those pictures you posted hanging on my wall in 4th grade, next to the JTT shrine, of course :)

Red said...

Farah, I was so sad when i found out, and even sadder when i found out why.

ManoloChooLou, I NEED to find out what show that guy was on!! But im glad im not imagining this person.

Lora said...

I remember the blue guy, but can't for the life of me think of it. I looked around online last night a bit (yeah, I'm that geeky sometimes) but I didn't find anything.

Red said...

Lora, don't worry I looked online, got my husband to look online, told my tv obsessed boss to find out, and then when they both couldn't, I made sure they knew of my major disappointment in them.
BUT, Im gonna find out if its the last thing I do.
Thanks for trying though.